So this morning Ripley and Sibu were being annoying. Audrey rarely meows, and I've never heard her complain for food, but a couple months ago Ripley and Sibu had gotten to the point where they meowed LOUDLY and PITEOUSLY and PERSISTENTLY in the morning until they got fed. Mom responded as any intelligent being with an IQ so high she won't disclose it: she started feeding the cats at night. It worked pretty quickly, and the boys stopped complaining (even if they do still follow me in the morning hoping I'll forget and feed them again!).
But this morning they were being completely obnoxious. Sibu was following me around meowing at the top of his lungs, and Ripley was being loud, too, though I figured he was up outside Mom's door. I got a drink and settled in on the couch with Dad, occasionally responding to the meows with one of my own (quite good) or a short, "Shut up."
Finally, after an hour, Dad asked if Ripley was shut in the basement. Yes, he was. And what do you know, as soon as I let Ripley out, both cats stopped meowing. Ripley proceeded to be the cuddliest I've ever seen him, crawling all over me and Dad, rubbing his face in ours, the very picture of feline gratefulness. Audrey watched the display disdainfully from her perch on top of the cable box.
So that made me feel nice, if a bit stupid for not thinking of the basement sooner. That's what I love about pets--it's so gratifying to know that you can quite easily make something else so happy. Now Ripley's curled up on Dad's legs, completely blissed out and warm.
Oh man, I hope this doesn't become a cat blog!
Other than that, not too much to report this week. I went to a job fair on Thursday. Nothing very promising for me, but it was a good experience, since I'd never been to one before. And yesterday I helped get a couple books ready for office-wide release. Mom and Dad and I started watching House of Cards on Netflix, and we're loving the political intrigue.
Sorry I misled you all with that first, arty post. There should be some more interesting and varied blog posts coming up. The middle of March is filling up with events:
- 15: My birthday (I'd rather ignore it this year, but I've been informed that won't happen)
- 16: First installment of BBC radio's adaptation of Neil Gaiman's book Neverwhere
- 17: St. Patrick's Day
- 18: BBC's third season of Sherlock starts filming (not actually all that excited, but it's bound to make the Tumblrs I follow blow up)
So sit tight until something more exciting happens. Or better yet, enjoy your own, undoubtedly more interesting lives. 8-)
No comments:
Post a Comment