Friday, August 16, 2019

Review: Science Comics: Cats: Nature and Nurture

Science Comics: Cats: Nature and Nurture Science Comics: Cats: Nature and Nurture by Andy Hirsch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Absolutely essential reading for anyone who has or loves cats! I've lived with them for most of my life and I still learned tons.

This comic isn't just a fact dump; we follow the story of Bean, a homeless kitten turned internet celebrity, as she explains how her rise from survival to super-stardom couldn't have happened without her keen predatory instincts (nature) and ability to adapt to social environments from solitude to kitty crowds to beloved pet (nurture). It's a super cute way to get tons of information--and answers to so many questions I've had over the years but had just written off as adorable, inexplicable quirks.

For those of you more canine-inclined, Andy Hirsch has also done a Science Comic about dogs. I haven't read that one, but I'd been looking forward to Cats ever since it first came up in the metadata audit seven months ago. I am delighted to say that it's so much more interesting and wonderful than I even expected. Go forth and learn!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment