We the People: A Progressive Reading of the Constitution for the Twenty-First Century by Erwin ChemerinskyMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Not finishing not because it's bad, but because I think I have the gist and now that I'm free of grad school there is SO MUCH FICTION I want to read!
But I've been thinking about this idea a lot lately, that the Constitution ought to be interpreted through the lens of the preamble. Simple but effective. But I just can't take reading all Chermerinsky's depressing examples of where the Supreme Court has failed us...especially as things are just getting worse by the day.
So yeah, I'm on board with you, Chermerinsky, and I think everyone in the Justice Department should read this.
On another note, the quality of the cover is really weird. It feels like it's the consistency of poster board, without any kind of lamination or anything. My copy is way more gross-looking and bent than it should be.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment