Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stupid Name Code

So because I'm paranoid about identifying people who haven't given me permission to use their names, I've come up with this really dumb code to keep track of everyone. I add coding on an as-need basis If you work with me, it's pretty easy to figure out. If not, here's a cheat sheet for the rare times when I do talk about work--totally in relation to myself, because this is nothing if not a self-centered blog.

ES - (M) Editorial Assistant to BF and CV; hired 11/2013; fellow space sharer
BF - (M) Editor, manager
JV - (F) Associate Editor
AM - (F) Editor I was hired to work for; left 9/2013
KB - (F) Editorial Assistant
FF - (F) Editorial director when I was hired; now doing global outreach
CC - (F) Associate Editor, person I work with most closely
GB - (F) Editorial Assistant to DN; hired 9/2013; fellow space sharer
IA - (M) Editorial Assistant
LB - (M) Editor from Palgrave UK; CC and I report to him
HJ - (M) Editorial Assistant; hired 6/2013; fellow space sharer (our desks face each other)
DN - (F) Associate Editor; I did some work for her from 6/13 to 12/13

The Business, Finance, and Economics list includes ES, BF, JV, CC, and me.

Abbreviations:
EA = Editorial Assistant
Ed = not an EA

No comments:

Post a Comment